This is both fun and seriously useful. I’m hoping I can incorporate some of the ideas into spicing up my fight scenes.
So, you need to write a fight scene? This is how to film one. Think about the equivalents in writing.
The 9 Principles of Action Comedy
1. Start with a DISADVANTAGE
2. Use the ENVIRONMENT
3. Be CLEAR in your shots
4. Action & Reaction in the SAME frame
5. Do as many TAKES as necessary
6. Let the audience feel the RHYTHM
7. In editing, TWO good hits = ONE great hit
8. PAIN is humanizing
9. Earn your FINISH
Picture credit: Image by Andrew Martin from Pixabay